Byron Butch Wing, Safety & Code Officer
Phone 518-492-7541 extension 107
Hours: Wednesday's from 1-4:30 pm
Mailing and Physical:
78 Higby Road
Ellenburg Depot, NY 12935
DOWNLOAD A BUILDING PERMIT - SEE LAST ITEM ON PAGE
You need a building permit for any of the following activities:
To construct or alter a structure
To demolish or move a structure
To install electrical wiring
To install exterior siding
To construct or alter a roof
To construct a deck
To construct a shed 144 square feet or more
To construct a chimney, fireplace, or wood stove
To install a pool over 24 inches deep
To construct an addition
To install plumbing
To install a heating system
PROCEDURES FOR OBTAINING A BUILDING PERMIT:
- Obtain application and complete (applications available at Town Hall and at bottom of this page)
- Sign application before a Notary Public.
- The Town of Dannemora is in the Adirondack Park. There is a jurisdictional inquiry attached to the application. Do not return this portion of the application to the Town. It is to be mailed to the address on the APA Application.
- Attach a plot plan showing the dimensions of the lot and the distances from the lot to the existing and proposed buildings.
- Do not forget your plot plan, floor plan, and your blueprints with the Building Permit Application.
- Permits are to be filed with the Code Enforcement Officer
- If the application is NOT complete NO permit will be issued. If your application meets all NYS Building Codes and the application is complete, a permit will be issued to you.
- Your Building Permit is valid for one year from the date issued. You must renew the permit or have a final inspection before the permit expires.
- You are responsible to notify the Code Enforcement Officer when you are ready for inspection.
- You must have a final inspection BEFORE you can use the building. Certificates of Occupancy are required.
- NO permit shall be required for a small (100 square feet or less) noncommercial uninhabited structure in the Town.
- Water and sewer service connection applications for the Town's special districts are required.
- Driveway Permits are required on Town roads.
THESE LAWS ARE REQUIRED BY NEW YORK STATE BUILDING CODES. THE TOWN IS REQUIRED BY THE STATE OF NEW YORK TO ENFORCE THEM UNDER LOCAL LAW.
NEW FEE SCHEDULE effective 1/1/2011: Click below
Building Fee Schedule.pdf
Click below to download a building permit application. Feel free to call the office with any questions.